Game Marketing Tips, Analysis, and News


Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Game Developer's Conference


Next week is the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco, and I'll be there all week. I hope to see a lot of folks there, and I'll be blogging from the show with my perspectives on the interesting marketing news. In particular I'm always looking at how marketing is conducted at trade shows, and I will highlight marketing that works and marketing that doesn't work as I observe.

It should be an interesting show indeed, as the industry is in turmoil from a slowdown in sales of traditional videogames while there's an increase in mobile, social and downloadable games. Old business models are having problems, and new business models are still experimental. Where there's great change, there's also great opportunity.

If you have been reading this blog and see me at the show, please mention it! Feedback is always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment